The best assisted opening knives are all about speed and ease.
Knife aficionados who wanted a quick-deploy, safe-to-handle, and most crucially – legal in the United States – spring assisted knives were created.
These best-assisted knives make routine activities and chores easier and more efficient.
Best Assisted Opening Knives – Quick Summary:
Kershaw 1776 Link - Editor’s Choice
Zero Tolerance 0350
Ka-Bar 30666 Mark 98
Al Mar Mini Sere 2020
Ontario Knife 8873
Crkt Full Throttle Edc
Gerber Index Knife
Kershaw Cryo Pocket Knife
Civivi Dogma Edc Pocket Knife
Crkt Endorser Edc
Best Assisted Opening Knives Reviews:
1. Kershaw 1776 Link – Editor’s Choice
We like the stonewashed black tint, which gives the blade rawness and authenticity.
Moreover, the blade is made of chromium-reinforced carbon steel, making it durable enough to keep its edge even under the most trying circumstances.
Furthermore, the American flag is laser-etched into the chassis of this assisted opening knife to demonstrate your patriotism.
Pocket clip reversible, allowing right and left-handed folks to use on either side of the body.
This knife comes with a big finger tang at the front of the blade, allowing for more control when cutting and a simple return to the chassis.
- Carbon steel is retractable.
- Corrosion-resistant chromium alloys.
- American flag carved into the G-10 grip.
- Unsuitable as a means of survival.
1776 Link’s name is a nod to the founding fathers and a great EDC knife. This knife is an excellent option for hunting or self-defense.
2. Zero Tolerance 0350 – Best Premium
ZT has added a new model to its premium line with the 0350 assisted-opening variants.
S350V stainless steel is used in the blade’s design and manufacture.
The blade has an organic curvature that enhances your cutting ability by improving your leverage over the knife.
A liner locking mechanism and an ambidextrous pocket clip are included for further security.
Moreover, you can easily use the knife with one hand thanks to the famed “SpeedSafe” flipper on this model.
- A simple method for opening the flipper.
- Enhanced grip thanks to G-10 handles.
- The mechanism for securing the liner in place.
- Unsuitable as a means of survival.
An excellent present for someone special, this model may be used for EDC self-defense and utility.
3. Ka-Bar 30666 Mark 98 – Best Budget
With a flipper-style assisted opening, this model has an extended tang grip for better control and more precise blade positioning.
G-10 grips are available in a variety of colors for the handle.
A tungsten-coated 5Cr15 stainless steel blade is included. The edge of this model has a hollow grind, and a bloodline has been added.
The Ka-Bar 3066 Mark 98 is a good budget-friendly option that doesn’t scrimp on the features in this review.
- The mechanism for releasing the flipper.
- A great deal for the money.
- Blade made of 5Cr15 stainless steel.
- In the hands, it’s too big for an EDC.
In terms of value for money, this model ranks as one of the finest in our study. It’s a wonderful token of friendship.
4. Al Mar Mini Sere 2020 – Best Value
This is a stand-alone SERE spring-assisted knife with a build quality that is on the level with Kershaw’s from a few years ago.
In order to keep users safe, the spring-assisted flipper mechanism functions as a blade guard, and the blade is made of D2 tool steel for long-lasting hardness and edge retention.
An EDC that can be carried securely on either the right or left side is made possible thanks to the deep reversible pocket clip.
Moreover, the handle’s ergonomic shape is comfortable in your hand, allowing you to exert maximum control over the blade.
- A spring-assisted opening mechanism.
- Locking device for the safety of the liner.
- A blade with a 3-inch diameter.
- There is no reversible clip for a pocket carry.
Cutting with this knife is a breeze because of the G-10 handles, which feel great in your hands.
5. Ontario Knife 8873 – Best Quality
The Ontario Knife Company maintains its reputation for manufacturing blades that can be used in any EDC situation with this model.
The blade of the Utilitac is equipped with tactical capabilities as well as utilitarian functions.
Moreover, there’s no friction while cutting with this knife thanks to its AUS 8 stainless steel coated blade.
With a line lock on the handle’s side for one-handed operation, this mechanically aided opening action provides a lightning rapid opening function.
- An open-assist tactic.
- The opening is made easier with two thumb studs.
- Locking device for the safety of the liner.
- The pocket clip is not reversible.
The knife has an aggressive thumb stud, an ergonomic grip, and G-10 scales that provide plenty of traction.
With a low price and a long history of excellence, this model is of great value.
6. Crkt Full Throttle Edc – Best Grip
In addition to CRKT, another high-quality knife maker, The Full-Throttle is our favorite assisted-opening model from this company.
It has a drop-point blade with a thickness of 2.9 inches and bead blasting for increased toughness and dependability in a variety of EDC situations.
In addition to the left or right-handed clip arrangement, the knife comes with a deep pocket clip for increased security while carrying in your pocket.
- Handles of G-10.
- Excellent hardness and edge retention.
- Handle design that is more comfortable to hold.
- Only with black handle scales are they available.
For utility and EDC self-defense, this knife features a design that emphasizes speed and precision.
7. Gerber Index Knife – Best Durability
Corrosion-resistant and durable, the Index knife has a 5Cr15MoV blade.
For complete control of the knife, the spring-assisted opening mechanism locks into place.
Liner locks retain the blade in position until you press the release lever, returning it to the chassis using the flipper levers for better control.
This type is equipped with thumb studs and a flipper to make it easier to open in an emergency.
- The mechanism for releasing a finger flipper.
- An easy-to-close line locking mechanism.
- Carrying hole for the necktie.
EDC users will like the wide pocket clip on this knife, which makes it simple to remove the blade. This is a utility knife, but it may also be used as a self-defense weapon.
8. Kershaw Cryo Pocket Knife – Best Blade
The chassis of this Cryo variant has been predrilled for a 4-way pocket clip. If you like, you may carry the knife with the point facing up or down.
The clip on the handle makes it possible to carry the knife in a deep pocket.
This model’s aluminum spacers minimize the amount of material needed to make the knife.
Stonewashed with a gun-metal finish, the knife has a striker tip that may be used to smash vehicle windows in the event of an emergency.
- Clip with a four-way attachment.
- Assisted open action.
- Pocket clip with a deep recess.
- The blade has a 2.75-inch length.
The Kershaw Cryo is a superb utility knife, but the blade is a little short for effective EDC self-defense in a pocket.
9. Civivi Dogma Edc Pocket Knife – Best Design
This model has a D2 tool steel blade, which provides a firm, long-lasting edge on your knife.
The copper-tome pattern on the G-10 handles of the Dogma gives it a stunning look.
In addition to the lifetime guarantee, the coated blade gives a frictionless cutting experience.
- D2 tool steel blades with a stonewashed finish.
- Aesthetically pleasing traditional copper handle.
- An anti-friction coating of tungsten on the blade.
- Some people may find the copper finish to be overly overbearing.
We propose the CIVIVI Dogma if you’re looking for an EDC-assisted open knife with a distinctive design.
It’s a wonderful present for someone special.
10. Crkt Endorser Edc – Best Features
Once again, the finest assisted opening knife goes to CRKT.
Designed by renowned knifemaker Matthew Lerch in Sussex, Wisconsin, the “Endorser” bears his name.
The 1.4116 stainless steel blade of this model has an “Outburst” aided opening for lightning-fast pulls, and it has an ergonomic handle and G-10 grips.
- A more comfortable grip on the blade.
- Stainless steel blades with a razor-sharp edge for long-term use.
- The knife’s thumb guard prevents unintentional opening.
- A tungsten coating that resists corrosion.
- There is no lanyard loop.
In order to open the blade, the thumb studs give superb control, and the liner lock ensures that the blade is safe and secure.
Important Features of Best Assisted Opening Knives:
Expert’s Answers for Readers’ Questions:
Your knowledge of the greatest open assisted knives should be solidified by now.
However, we appreciate that deciding on a model might be a challenge since there are so many options.
Choose from one of our top recommendations if you’re having difficulties deciding on the best knife out of the lot.